The Blouse Every Girl Needs This Summer
Kansas City is awesome, let me be the first to tell you if you have not been. We had a girls trip for the weekend! We started the trip off at the Farmers Market down on the Riverfront and it was fabulous! We had fresh squeezed lemonade/limeade/cherry limeade and I wanted to go back for more. The flowers were $5 for a bouquet! I couldn't believe it. Had we not been there visiting I would have bought a couple to put around the apartment. They were so fragrant and beautiful and most came from peoples gardens.
We shopped at the Plaza and got some good deals on clothes, purses, and shoes (I probably spent more than I should have!) I love these jeans because they are (once again) high waisted, a good color, and have a good amount of stretch to them. This top is so bright and cheery! I bought it at the beginning of May on sale, but I listed some similar ones (your Dillards might have the exact one, still). The cold shoulder is fun and flirty. The shoes are actually comfortable (but DO NOT wear wedges when walking all over KC). I learned my lesson on wearing them all day long and thinking my feet would be fine.
We ate some amazing food and had a wonderful time. Girls weekends are good to recharge and relax. I hope you all take time to hang out with girlfriends, they make life better!
Heres my list of things to do in KC:
1. City Market: This was so much fun, the weather was just right in the morning to stroll around the farmers market. They had plenty of different food options, including food trucks, flowers, fresh fruits and vegetables, and locally made home decor.
2. Westside Neighborhood: There are plenty of brunch options here. We researched the top brunch places in KC and took us to this neighborhood. Almost every brunch spot there was on the list. (SPOILER: make reservations or you will wait FOREVER!!!) We visited the cutest little store and got some KC memorabilia, Westside Storey. The owner was so friendly and such a gentleman, it was raining so he got out his umbrella and walked us to our restaurant across the street! Even if you only go to see the houses, this neighborhood is worth it! I wanted to live in every single one of them!
3. Power and Light District: If you are looking to go out, this place is alive and full of energy. It is a large outdoor space that has several different bars to choose from. We chose to "The Living Room" which was in the middle of them all, open air, and just like it sounds....a living room. We people watched from our little couch and had too much fun.
4. Plaza Shopping Center: We are girls so of course we had to include shopping into the trip. This was seriously some of the best shopping. We had several places to choose from that we don't have in Arkansas. H&M was a big hit as well as West Elm (my favorite home store....next to Homegoods of course).
5. Buca di Beppo!!!!: We ate dinner at this awesome Italian place. It is a chain, so if there is one in driving distance to you GO!!! It is served family style so do not assume you can eat the meal by yourself. TRUST ME! The food was so tasty and we had a great time.
What are some places I missed that I should go to next time?